Summer has arrived and boating is one of the most fun activities that you can enjoy with your friends and family. What makes boating different from other fun activities is it allows you to enjoy and explore countless things related to water. For example, you can go fishing, gold fishing, snorkeling, water sports, and finding new destinations. In this article, we will explore the best marine speakers’ manufactures across the globe.
The combination of music and cruising is something that everyone loves. Why not listening to your favorite songs while boating? Most boats come equipped with a decent marine stereo system, but if you want to hear it over the engine, wind, and waves, you will need a good set of speakers as well. Obviously! You can’t use an old pair of speakers in the boat, you should use marine speakers the ones specifically designed for aquatic areas.
The question here is from where you can buy these marine speakers or which companies are excelling as the best marine speakers manufacturers.
This article will help you to understand the specifications, pros, and cons of different marine speakers and which speakers are best for your boat. Let’s have a look:
The kicker is a well-known audiophile brand that manufactures speakers and sound equipment for a wide range of applications, including vessels, as the 41KM654CW does. These marine speakers have a water-resistant build and high-end features, such as 34-inch titanium dome tweeters, to ensure years of trouble-free use. These speakers, which have an RMS power of 65 watts and a peak power of 195 watts, can let you hear your music loud and clear even in extreme water noise.
Features of Kicker Marine Speaker
- These marine speakers have a 6.5-inch coaxial configuration with a 4-ohm impedance.
- Accessible in some colors.
- Most boats would look amazing with this grill style.
- 2 7/8-inch depth of mounting
- Several boaters said that they didn’t need an amplifier while using these marine speakers.
- They were easy to install, according to many buyers.
- The majority of customers thought these marine speakers had great volume and sound quality.
- These speakers tend to be an excellent alternative for those looking to replace their current marine speakers.
- For certain installations, the thick magnet in the back may take up too much space.
- Some owners believed they were marginally more costly than they deserved based on their results.
The Kicker 41KM654CWs are an excellent choice for boaters who want to improve their sound system without spending more money than is required. Just make sure you take precise measurements of the speaker cavities, as these marine speakers have relatively thick magnets, which have caused issues for some customers.
Sony is a renowned speaker and audio equipment manufacturer, with marine-ready speakers like the XSMP1611s in their range. These marine speakers are ideal for use on your boat because they’re not only UV-resistant but they’re also IPX5-certified, which means they can withstand a low-pressure water jet for an extended period. These 6.5-inch marine speakers are rated for 65 Watts RMS power and should sound fantastic if you use an amplifier or connect them directly to your radio or tuner.
Features of Sony Marine Speakers
- There are two variants of these marine speakers available: Coaxial or dual cone
- Housings are available in black or white.
- 140 Watts of maximum power handling
- The grilles are removable and can be painted to fit your boat.
- The majority of customers were pleased with the sound quality of these marine speakers.
- These speakers tend to be simple to set up.
- The majority of buyers said there was very little (if any) distortion from these speakers.
- Many buyers favored the elegant and tasteful style.
- Several customers complained that the speakers were not very long-lasting. As the cones wear out, the sound quality can deteriorate.
The Sony XSMP1611s could be just what you’re looking for if you’re looking for a reasonably priced set of replacement speakers for your boat. They’re also a great option for boaters looking for water-resistant marine speakers, as these speakers are IPX5 certified.
The Kenwood, KFC-1652MRW device is hard to beat for an inexpensive pair of marine speakers that can endure the rigors of boating. Of course, Kenwood is a well-known and well-established brand, and since these are marine speakers, you can rest assured that they will perform admirably on a cruise.
Features of Kenwood Marine Speakers
- A waterproof polypropylene cone.
- UV resistant grille and frame.
- Dimensions are 5.5” by 5.5” by 8.5.
- The frequency range is impressive, from 20Hz to 20,000Hz.
- Easy to install.
- Two-way speakers for a high-quality bass sound.
- Outstanding power handling.
- Several customers complained that the speakers were not very long-lasting.
Each marine speaker comes with a one-year warranty that covers all parts and labor. You must have installed and used them according to the manufacturer’s instructions. It’s worth noting that installing these speakers usually necessitates Kenwood-specific lug connectors.
The JL Audio MX650-CCX-CG-WH speakers are high-end speakers that enhance the sound quality of your boat’s audio system. These marine speakers feature oversized 1.25-inch woofer voice coils and a mix of 6.5-inch woofers and 0.75-inch dome tweeters. You can also have them customized to fit into your boat’s cockpit panel.
Features of JL Audio
- These JL Audio marine speakers have a 20 percent greater sound radiating area than normal 6.5-inch designs.
- Designed to work with a built-in amplifier
- Stability is ensured by the wide flange and four-hole mounting pattern.
- Exterior speakers with a marine-grade finish for use around water.
- Most boaters adored these marine speakers and gave them high ratings.
- They were successfully used by owners with several various head units and tuners.
- The majority of owners thought they were extremely noisy and recorded excellent sound.
- It’s easy to install and has an unobtrusive style.
- A small number of boaters expressed dissatisfaction with the unnecessary plastic covering, which muffled speaker sound.
- JL Audio Marine Speakers are fairly priced
Despite being among the most expensive speakers we tested, the JL Audio MX650s got some of the best user feedback. These are most definitely the best speakers for boaters who want high-end speakers and are willing to pay more for them.